skip navigation
Home Calendar Recreational News Photos Documents Directors & Board


Procedure to Obtain a Minor's Work Permit

A. You need a "letter of intent to hire" from the prospective employer. It must outline what you will be doing. (You can download the form below)

B. You, and your parent or guardian, must take the "letter of intent to hire" to the High School Guidance Office along with:

  • A copy of your Birth Certificate
  • A copy of your your Social Security Card
  • A copy of a physical from within the past six months

C. An Employment Certificate will be issued with a minimum waiting period of 24 hours from the time you submit your request and the necessary documentation.

In addition, you must carry with you an IYSA Medical Release Form in case of injury: Medical Release Form